Bone Cancer Community
Could this be Osteosarcoma? Please Help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Hey, I am an 18 year old female. The only health problems I have ever had would be Chronic Sinusitis, Acid Reflux, and a deformed patella in my left leg (knee). Nothing serious. But for the past 3 almost 4 months i have had this weird pain in my left hip. It hurts to stretch, and the weird part is, when I am sitting straight up and I look down (meaning in, moving my head down) the hip pain will start. It doesn't last, it just does it and it's over. Same for when I stretch as i already said. Could this be Osteosarcoma? or would my symptoms be worse by now? Please help me.
You may be jumping the gun.  You should meet with your Doctor.  Describe as above and ask if he would recommend an xray.  Sometimes a cyst can form in the bone and cause pain.  I had one called fiberous dysplasia of the femur neck.  It was discovered by a secondary need for a knee x-ray.  My Doctor remembered that I had some vague complaints about hip pain on long drives.  Turned out to be dysplasia.  
I understand your fear but what made you think of Osteosarcoma?  I have had both Ewings sarcoma and Osteosarcoma in my right arm.  My Osteosarcoma was cause by the radiation treatment I had 20 years ago. The person above  my letter is correct about getting an x-ray of your knee.  One thing I have noticed is when people have pain in is not normally cancer.  Pain is a good sign.  If you had the swelling with out pain then I would be worried.  For both bone cancer I had they found it with an x-ray.  So make sure you get it checked out.  Good luck.
From Weezy2011