Bone Cancer Community
Could this be Osteosarcoma? Please Help.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be Osteosarcoma? Please Help.

Hey, I am an 18 year old female. The only health problems I have ever had would be Chronic Sinusitis, Acid Reflux, and a deformed patella in my left leg (knee). Nothing serious. But for the past 3 almost 4 months i have had this weird pain in my left hip. It hurts to stretch, and the weird part is, when I am sitting straight up and I look down (meaning in, moving my head down) the hip pain will start. It doesn't last, it just does it and it's over. Same for when I stretch as i already said. Could this be Osteosarcoma? or would my symptoms be worse by now? Please help me.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You may be jumping the gun.  You should meet with your Doctor.  Describe as above and ask if he would recommend an xray.  Sometimes a cyst can form in the bone and cause pain.  I had one called fiberous dysplasia of the femur neck.  It was discovered by a secondary need for a knee x-ray.  My Doctor remembered that I had some vague complaints about hip pain on long drives.  Turned out to be dysplasia.  
Blank
Hello,
I understand your fear but what made you think of Osteosarcoma?  I have had both Ewings sarcoma and Osteosarcoma in my right arm.  My Osteosarcoma was cause by the radiation treatment I had 20 years ago. The person above  my letter is correct about getting an x-ray of your knee.  One thing I have noticed is when people have pain in is not normally cancer.  Pain is a good sign.  If you had the swelling with out pain then I would be worried.  For both bone cancer I had they found it with an x-ray.  So make sure you get it checked out.  Good luck.
From Weezy2011
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bone Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank