Bone Cancer Community
Past Immuno Drug Use
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Past Immuno Drug Use

I have a question regarding vitamins D and B12.  I’ve read as much as I can online and know all the opinions and info about B12 being water soluble and not toxic etc etc.  I would like answers to the following questions from a health care professional if possible:

1) I am extremely vitamin D deficient and have been prescribed supplements.  How long does it take to start noticing the effects/feeling better on 50,000 IU’s for 20 weeks?  I have trouble breathing and with “bone pain” am hoping this helps tremendously.

2) My doctor said the B12 range goes to 914 and I’m at 959.  I have seen where naturally occurring high B12 levels can indicate liver disease or cancers (if the info I’m reading is correct).  I do have a concern about this.  I was on an immunosuppressant for almost a year.  When I was prescribed the drug, I was told it would increase my chances of getting cancer by 60%.  At that time, they asked me to choose quality of life or quantity of life.  Obviously I chose quality and was on Cyclosporine for about a year.  Is it possible higher levels could mean the presence of cancer or is the level so normal I should not be concerned?  If there is concern, what types of tests (blood work) is done to determine if there is a presence of cancer cells in the body?

Thank you