Bone Cancer Community
Red cell reconversion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red cell reconversion

recently was given an MRI on my lower back and my cervical spine for back pain and loss of bladdar control.

The results on both showed "diffuse low signal intensity on T1 weighted scan likely related to red marrow reconversion"

I am a 29 year old female and am overweight but never smoked. I had a CBC done about 3 weeks before the MRI and it was normal except the Neut % was high. I have been sick with fevers and night sweats for over a month.

I have recently been on 5 different antibiotics trying to cure strep and finally got rid of it with an IV antibiotic, only to get sick again within a week, I was recently diagnosed with pneumonia.

My primary doctor and my neurologist have never seen this on a report and I am still waiting on them to respond. The primary doctor said it couldnt be cancer because the white cells were normal, but the cbc was done when I was very sick. She then said she was suprised my white count was not up.

My sister is insisting that I make myself an appointment with a hemotologist but I hate to do tht without my doctor sending me.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Tags: red cell reconversion, bone marrow, lymphoma, blood cancer, Cancer