Bone Cancer Community
Sclerotic bone island at T2
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sclerotic bone island at T2

Can someone please tell me what this is? It was found incidentally on a ct scan. Im 42 and in good health. There was no recommendation to do anything it was just noted on the scan.
I would appreciate any information you can give me.

Thanks
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Bones can have sclerotic or lytic lesions. Sclerotic lesions occur due to fibrous tissue and lytic lesions are due to bone destruction or injury. Benign bone tumors commonly appear as well-circumscribed, slow-growing lesions with a calcified or sclerotic matrix. Malignancy is often aggressive permeative lesions with bone destruction, cortical invasion and associated soft-tissue mass. So, a sclerotic lesion is likely to be due to an old healed infection or benign tumors of the bone.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Could it be a metastasis? Can you have sclerotic ones other than prostate. I am female.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

According to studies done, for sclerotic secondaries the primary tumor sites were the prostate gland in five cases, the breast in three, the lung in two, the stomach in one, and the urinary bladder in one. Patients present with symptoms related to the primary site and sometimes due to the secondaries. As of now if you do not have any related symptoms, you need not worry.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
I have has heartburn and indigestion for several months. Could this be stomach cancer? I take Omeprazole which eliminates it completely. My gp says it is rarely seen at 42 years of age.

There were not many cases in the study. Are sclerotic mets quite uncommon?
Blank
Do bone islands and bone mets look different on ct imaging?
Blank
Do bone islands look different to mets on ct imaging?
Blank
5654101_tn?1371738121
Could this be stomach cancer? I take Omeprazole which eliminates it completely.
Blank
I have been diagnosed with metastatic Lung , lymph nodes and bone cancer. I recently had dental problems and just received copy of report of a ct scan. My doctor is currently on vacation for the holidays, The report states the scan revealed sclerotic lesion at T2 with associated compression deformity at T2. is this secondary to the metastatic disease or should I be concerned?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bone Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank