Aa
A
A
Close
Tumor inside femur, need help please!
Hello
I have a few CT scans and MRI scans. I can't upload the x ray (which i have been told it's perfect, nothing on it)
Backstory: went to the doctor with tendinitis, got an MRI, saw something in the bone, got a CT scan and xrays. Everyone said it's benign, one doctor said it was osteoid osteoma, the other wasn't that sure, but he said it was benign.
Should I worry still (I was terrified for 3 days until the first diagnostic :( )?
The album can be found here:
http://imgur.com/a/yZLKX
Thank you very very very much
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
They also said that there is no periosteal reaction and I shouldn't worry too much.
Anyone?
Thank you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Fiberous dysplasia is a possible differential diagnosis.  Your Doctor would need to order a bone scan to determine if there is a reaction by the cyst.  That would determine if it is benign or not.  Ultimately a biopsy would be the gold standard to determine if it is a cancerous tumor.  If it is fiberous dysplasia, usually it is left alone and watched to see if it grows.  I had it but it was located on the femur neck so surgery was indicated.  Good luck and ask your Physician more questions.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bone Cancer Community Resources