Bone Cancer Community
Tumor inside femur, need help please!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tumor inside femur, need help please!

Hello
I have a few CT scans and MRI scans. I can't upload the x ray (which i have been told it's perfect, nothing on it)
Backstory: went to the doctor with tendinitis, got an MRI, saw something in the bone, got a CT scan and xrays. Everyone said it's benign, one doctor said it was osteoid osteoma, the other wasn't that sure, but he said it was benign.
Should I worry still (I was terrified for 3 days until the first diagnostic :( )?
The album can be found here:
http://imgur.com/a/yZLKX
Thank you very very very much
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
They also said that there is no periosteal reaction and I shouldn't worry too much.
Anyone?
Thank you
Blank
Fiberous dysplasia is a possible differential diagnosis.  Your Doctor would need to order a bone scan to determine if there is a reaction by the cyst.  That would determine if it is benign or not.  Ultimately a biopsy would be the gold standard to determine if it is a cancerous tumor.  If it is fiberous dysplasia, usually it is left alone and watched to see if it grows.  I had it but it was located on the femur neck so surgery was indicated.  Good luck and ask your Physician more questions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bone Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...