Bone Cancer Community
bone cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

bone cancer?

Hi all,

I'm a 22 year old male, and really, really concerned that I've got bone cancer, can people help advise me??

The symptoms I've been experiencing are concentrated entirely down my left side and I feel like they've spread from my head al the way down the one side of my body. The left half of my skull appears to have slowly got larger and now feels completely bigger than the right side, this has been accompanied with short, dull pains on the same side. The pain isn't constant but will come and go without any real pattern or timing. Also, it feels like the left side of my neck, like the muscle in that area has swollen and feels a little harder than the right. The pain is very infrequent and often non existent but the changes in size have really worried me. The symptoms seemed to have spread to my left arm as well, which now seems larger than the right one and the pain is similar to that in the neck; dull, achy and quite infrequent. I also get spasms in my left hand which don't really seem to occur at any specific time and also my left leg often fees heavy or like numb but I can still us it fine, it just feels strange at times.  

I have seen several gp's about this and I had a blood test done which came back normal and none of them thought that anything major is going on and just said about how everyone has different skull shapes and said the fact that I'm left handed could have caused such symptoms. But, I am not convinced and was adamant that further investigation be done, so I had an appointment with a consultant and he performed a standard neurological examination and then an mri scan of the head and spine was arranged and that was completed just three weeks ago. The results came back ok and everything was said to be 'within normal limits', and the doctors tried to reassure me that nothing is occurring but the symptoms still continue and I don't feel the changes in me physically have been properly explained and diagnosed.

Is anybody able to help with this, I am really worried about cancer and although initially thought it may be a brain tumour, that has been ruled out and now I fee like it could be bone cancer, has anyone had similar symptoms or able to offer any advise or expertise about them?

Many thanks,
Try posting your query to the Migraine section.  Can't help thinking that somehow this could be a transient headache or migraine.  With respect to cancer, I would go on the assumption that it has been ruled out.  Good luck!  
I have had bone cancer twice and this does not sound like bone cancer.  I recommend going to a cardiologist.  It sounds like you could have a blockage in your arteries.  The sympotms sound like a person that may be having a stroke.  These could be warnning signs.  how is your cholestrol level?  When my mom had a TIA she had the same symptoms.  I am sure your doctor has thought about this.  But check it out anyway.  Because you are young they might not be  thinking about this. Good luck.  Remember you have to be your own advocate.  Don't rely on the doctor to think of these tests.  When i had cancer my oncologist did not think i had another tumor but i new something was wrong with me so I went to see my ood surgeon to check me out and her knew right away that I had another tumor in my neck.  Good luck, Take care.
From,Weezy2011