please help
Hello i am 19 and think i might have cancer. Cancer does run in my family very badly. I just lost a 12 year old cousin from bone cancer and leukymia. The lower front part of my leg swelled a few nights ago and felt like there was pain in the bone. Its been doing that for a few months now. (I do not run so i couldn't have pulled something) and today i started getting sharp stabbing pains in my hip and all through my leg. It was so bad i couldn't stand and when i started to walk to the couch to sit it felt like my leg gave out and i almost fell. I feel really tired all the time also. I am in good health and weigh 120 lbs. Please can anyone tell what could be wrong and what i should do?
Hello and hope you are doing well. If you had pain and swelling in the front or inner part of your lower leg after any physical activity it would possibly be due to inflammation of the ligaments and other connective tissue along your tibia bone, a tiny crack in the bone or a stress fracture. Is there any associated pain, swelling, redness or warmth in your calf? In that case deep vein thrombosis needs to be ruled out. Any red streak with swelling and pain in the leg may indicate cellulitis, lymphangitis or osteomyelitis.Get your calcium and vitamin D levels checked.Generalised body ache, bone pains could also be due to vitamin D deficiency .With family history of bone cancer it is better to seek expert opinion. You need thorough clinical examination and investigations. Do keep us posted. Regards.