Bone Cancer Community
re leukemia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to bone cancer, including bone tumors, osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma and chondrosarcoma.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

re leukemia

hi

i was having some problems with infection and in order to prove to my doctor i had infection i request cbc.  i was called by my doctor and told i needed to see a blood doctor due to white count being high.  turned out the so called blood doctor was cancer doctor..we found this out while in his office and while he was telling me i had leukemia.  he wanted to do bone marrow biopsy in his office and send me to hospital for another test.  being shocked at what he was saying i basically ran out of his office.  can you tell me..what if anything did he see that would say leukemia and not infection?  this was about 2 years ago and it has literally haunted me.  can i possibly have leukemia?
thank you for your help.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
632407_tn?1263214313
Your white cell count would only go up  so high with infection, your doctor probably saw it was higher than it should be, even with infection and thought leukemia.

He should have warned you first though, but are you saying this was 2 years ago and you haven't been seen since?

You really need to go back to a doctor, this is not something that will just go away.

He could be wrong, there are lots of reasons for high white cell count, but just in case...
Blank
1126464_tn?1300803301
I agree you need to have a second and third opinion, because that is serious.
and if you have leukemia  how far has it progress.
I will keep you in pray my friend .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bone Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank