Bone Marrow Transplant Community
Bone Marrow Transplant?
About This Community:

A bone marrow transplant is a procedure to replace damaged or destroyed bone marrow with healthy bone marrow stem cells. The. purpose of the community is to share support and information with Bone Marrow Transplant patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with a Bone Marrow Transplant, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bone Marrow Transplant?

My mom has Stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's T-Cell Lymphoma. She's going to have to do a strong chemo this time. Her doctor told her, because of which she'll need a bone marrow transplant. They want to use her bone marrow first, and if that doesn't work, test her kids and siblings. What I'm wondering is, if she has the cancer in her bone marrow, how can they use her bone marrow? Wouldn't that be putting the cancer back in her?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i want to ask it is good to take bone marrow transplantation .should it help to patient for long time ?please reply
Blank
Hello guys,

My neighbour suffered bone marrow pain last 2 years. The doctor said that his bone marrow has totally demaged and transperent a new bone marrow. It is difficult that how caould i get new bone marrow. Please give new idea how to to transperent a new bone marrow? Could it possible?

Thanks and regards
Ademola Okubena
Blank
A bone marrow transplant is a procedure to replace damaged or destroyed bone marrow with healthy bone marrow stem cells. There are three types of transplantation:
Autologous bone marrow transplant: The term auto means self. Stem cells are removed from you before you receive high-dose chemotherapy or radiation treatment. I think your mother is given this transplation.
Allogeneic bone marrow transplant: The term allo means other. Stem cells are removed from another person, called a donor.
Umbilical cord blood transplant: This is a type of allogeneic transplant. Stem cells are removed from a newborn baby's umbilical cord right after birth.
So dont worry it is a type of transplantation and treatment.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Bone Marrow Transplant Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...