Bone Marrow Transplant Expert Forum
Will bone marrow transplant for MDS "cure" Behcet's?

This forum is a place to get answers to your questions about bone marrow transplantation. It is also a place to find others who share your interest in bone marrow transplant.

I was diagnosed with Behcet's syndrome in Dec. 2009 after visiting doctors of many different specialties. I was diagnosed with MDS on May11,2012 and treated with Dakogen from May - Nov. at the local hospital where I had worked in Respiratory Care for 22 years. In November, 2012 I decided it was time for a second opinion and went to see Dr. James K. Mangan at HUP. We have recently identified several 9:10 bone marrow transplant donors for me and will begin the work-up process soon. I have a curious question. When I am transplanted for the MDS will that rid my system of the Behcet's as well?