First Book
Can anyone remember the first book that they bought themselves, possibly as a child?

I'm wondering if there is anyone else on this planet that still has most of their childhood books?
Well, I don't have the originals anymore, but I've replaced them over the years at sales and buying for my kids (kinda) as they were growing up. By the time I could afford to buy a book, I would have been in my early teens, so probably Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew or anything about horses.

My first hard caver book as a young adult was In the Shadow of Man by Jane Goodall. She's still one of my heroes.
My first book that I purchased was 'East of Eden' by John Steinbeck.....

I loved that book ,it got me into reading.
I still have all my childhood books but the 1st one i actually bought was rose maddner by stephen king
Hey,

The first book that I bought was 'The Magic Faraway Tree' by Enid Blyton. I loved it so much, I read it over and over. After that I read every book that Enid Blyton wrote. I just loved the escapism of her books, they were brilliant. Anyone else a fan on her when they were a child?

x
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.