Books books books User Group
Uncomfortable lending books
About This Group:

A group dedicated to the discussion and proliferation of books.

Founded by sfkaos on September 22, 2009
86 members

Uncomfortable lending books

I will not lend my books to anyone. At all. When I've let friends borrow my books in the past they have either returned it a year later, spilled food on it, gotten pencil/pen or some other non removable mark on it, or what bugs me the most is folding the cover back. I'm 100% sure I'm just OCD about this but I can't help it! The other day a friend asked if I had a book which I did so I replied yes. She then asked if she could borrow it, but I made up an excuse about someone else having it. Well, she found out she wouldn't have been able to read it anyway because her parents wouldn't have liked it... But I felt bad that I didn't tell the truth to my friend. I could write a book... but my question is, has anyone else had this problem?
Yes, I too have that problem. My college instructor asked me to borrow my Database Management book to help out another student and of course he bent the cover back on it, and it really irritated me. I was about to say something, but I decided it was best not to. Stuff like that really bothers me. If I just get a little fold or something else like that on my books, I get really irritable.

It seems to be worse with my video games though. I don't even want anyone to touch them, but I'll let them play them as long as I'm the only one handling them. I don't know what's up with that, but that is honestly how I feel. Maybe I'm OCD about it too, but I can't help it either. I worry that they might break them or something like that. I'm getting a little bit better though, but not much. I guess that's a start.
I know, right?! It's like with my magazines or any paper that I've written on- if it gets just the tiniest crinkle I get so mad.
If I borrow a book and somethign ahppens to it. I just buy a new one. i love the books I but and only lend to 2 people. That way I know I 'm getting it back..
I don't lend to anyone anymore because after I lent one of my books to my friend she said this and I quote, "Thanks, now I'll have something to read on the bus ride to the Robotics meet this weekend..." I think my heart actually stopped. I wanted to take the book back, but she was already walking away. I could barely sleep, I was so scared something was happening to my book, and my friend wouldn't care. She the type of person that says she's sorry once and moves on with her own life. So, now I just say that someone else has it or that I can't find it. I just love my books too much to risk something happening to them.
drifter0213 commented on Infiltrated Fistula
Apr 12
evewisewoman Spring is here at last ! Comment
Apr 10
drifter0213 commented on traz.
Apr 04