Borderline Personality Disorder Community
2 BPD Together
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 BPD Together

Where can borderlines "get together" and "meet?"  My therapist said it was a "bad idea," but I had an intense but deeply satisfying relationship with another borderline, and there were some clear benefits:  feeling understood (I wasn't constantly having to explain myself and was never called "a monster"), helping each other cope (when we both weren't in an episode) by sharing ideas and books and encouraging one another. Growing in understdanding of our own disorders by watching it played out in our partner.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Does anyone know of an online BPD dating site?
Tags: BPD, Relationships, borderline, BPD couples
Blank
Hi there.  Oh yes I agree whole-heartidly with your comments about how good it would be to find and meet up with fellow BPD sufferers, but yes, provided it was not (as someone else mentioned) during episodes.  I feel dreadfully alone and isolated as there is apparently no body else suffering BPD in my locality (as my Dr would have me believe).  Understanding is a great thing but very hard to come by.  X
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I agree with your therapist.
Blank
I feel the same way as you! I'd like to find a bpd too..bad idea maybe but Idc.
Blank
4348817_tn?1353248682
yup kinda sounds cool, to be with another borderline, mutual understanding and all
Blank
Hi there.  Oh yes I agree whole-heartidly with your comments about how good it would be to find and meet up with fellow BPD sufferers, but yes, provided it was not (as someone else mentioned) during episodes.  I feel dreadfully alone and isolated as there is apparently no body else suffering BPD in my locality (as my Dr would have me believe).  Understanding is a great thing but very hard to come by.  X
Blank
4261481_tn?1351877513
Thanks for sharing. Fortunately online communities can help us feel less "alone" and "one of a kind" because we find others here who struggle with some of the same issues.  Trust me, you're not the only one in your locality!  If BPD affects 1-3% of the population (on average), even at 1%, if you live in a town of 50,000 people, that means 500 individuals would be (not all are diagnosed, of course).

; )
Blank
I would open my home as a place for local BPD groups to meets!..  a nearby church would offer a weekly room free.  Great idea! .. perhaps even social events.
;-]
Blank
I think its a good idea, dating, but if not that at least friendship, someone to talk to.  BPD is something few people seem to understand, it would be nice to talk to someone who does.  
Blank
4481735_tn?1355319102
Id love to meet BPD sufferers locally, ive been to many places around Manchester asking for this, and they always say its not a good idea.  So what is a good idea, we all keep suffering this alone?
  My first love at 17 was with a girl who suffered from BPD, and we still feel a small bonding now 10 years later even tho a whole lot happened since then!  
  Im hoping to work on a facebook page, to help people who suffer, showing them options they do have open to them and sites like this one where they can talk to fellow BPD sufferers, i'd love it if anyone could help me out with info on other websites and helpfull things for us.  Thank you.
Blank
4261481_tn?1351877513
Love the idea of a positive Facebook page highlighting some of the "finder qualities" of borderlines (smile) and offering HOPE!!!  Links to quality Web sites, books, people's helpful coping strategies and support communities like this one.  Count me in on your "help team!"

; )
Blank
4116706_tn?1351911446
Personalty I feel that I too would like some one who understands my "craziness" as my doctor (a GP) and my husband has only read about the problem. Oh yes they are helpful in a way but.....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Borderline Personality Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank