Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Am i Bipolar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Am i Bipolar

Am i bipolar. There are times where i feel really happy and like i can do anything. I sing and dance and feel great And then there are times where i feel extremely sad and depressed like i dont want to live. Sometimes the moods are long and sometimes theyre short. Then there are times where im really irritable and cant stand anyone or even when i feel hyper and want to do cartwheels. any help is appreciated
Hello, Only a doctor can answer your question.  We are not medical experts here, and cannot diagnose people's problems.  We are here for support.

I see you are only 15 years old.  Have you spoken to your parents about this?
Hello, my father is Bipolar and sometimes I get worried that I have it too. Usually, they say that Bipolar is passed through your genetics? Not always but commonly. I have been checked before because I feel exactly how you do , sometimes I get extremely happy and excited for no reason, next minute I hate everyone and feel depressed and don't want to do anything. The Doctor told me it was unlikely that I have Bipolar and that the feelings I feel is just simply teenage hormones. I can't tell you whether you have it or not, i'm also 15. But if you're worried go see a doctor, it could just be all your hormones making you happy then sad.
I have not talked to my parents because when i tried to tell them about other issues i have i was dismissed. They said i was just faking to get attention. Now i know people on here can not diagnose me with anything but anyone with similar stories can help me see if its possible i am.
Thank you and i will have to take it up with my doctor when i go later this year  to see if it is anything. It is a little hard though with my mom in the room and i have no idea how to get her out without sounding rude or like im hiding anything