Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Anyone have experience with topamax? Withdrawal issues.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Hi all, my question isn't entirely about BPD but I was hoping I could get some answers here anyway. I've been taking 100mg of topamax daily for about 6 months to help control my extreme moods and it was highly effective. I tolerated it extremely well, my only side effects were that I got tired more frequently and it killed my appetite. I'm a college student and I just moved back into my dorm this week, and like the idiot I am I forgot my topamax at home which is a two hour drive away. (Along with my wallet but that's another story entirely). So I've been forced to go cold turkey from it until I can talk to the psychiatrist here, who I won't have an appointment with for at least a week. (I can't even make an appointment until I get cleared by the counselor tomorrow)

I've been experiencing itching all over my body for the past few days, particularly intense in my arms. (I've had a fixation with my arms in the past, however, particularly with SI) I've also been experiencing tingling in my extremities. What I want to know is, could this be the topamax withdrawal, or something else? Does anyone know anything that could help me with this? Thanks in advance.
www.drugs.*******

look over sides and withdrawl (withdrawal)

it can vary im adhd no drug connects meaning i can drop like a bad habbit no problems

im on heavy narcs no addiction i run out of oxy for weeks or dont take it the most addictive in america oxy

dont bother me

i guess its a blessing

everyone will be differant you need to make the drive cold turkey will shock the system you need to slowly drop levels till your off

cold turkey brace for hell

best wishes good luck pm me or others for support through this time
I found for myself it was necessary to slowly come off of topamax. I got tingly hands, feet, face, couldn't concentrate. Go down by 1/2 a week and you'll be good in my opinion. Best of luck! :)