BPD confusion
Hi I'm 20 years old, I was diagnosed BPD a couple of years ago which seemed to make sense because I feel like I have almost all of the symptoms (11). However, I was told by two psychiatrists that I wasn't BPD even though they didn't really come up with an alternative explanation, they wouldn't even consider the idea of it and they'd only had one session with me. Its made me very confused so I have just been living my life and trying to improve my depression and anxiety but I don't feel like I've progressed. I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to what I should do and how do I know if I am borderline? Could my lack of improvement be due to the BPD not being adressed properly? Thank you for taking the time to read this.
you have depression.. closely linked w bipolar... bipolar very close to borderline. biggest aspect of bpd is an extreme change in how you view others love hate love hate, going from an almost worship to a complete distaste. Also seeing yourself differently, you are the worst to best quickly w/ no good reason. (This is with looks too!!)
Thank you for responding, I have had more appointments and it has been agreed that it is BPD that I am also suffering, I do often struggle with constantly changing feelings of love and hate towards people and things in general, and one minute I'll be energetic and excited, then the next I'll be feeling depressed and have no energy as well, along with substance abuse and impulsive behavior.. I wish I knew how to manage it better though.