Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Can chronic fatigue syndrome mimic bipolar disorder or borderline perso...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Can chronic fatigue syndrome mimic bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder?

I am a 24-year old female.  My psychiatrist is sure that I have bipolar disorder.  I think I may have borderline personality disorder or chronic fatigure disorder or fybromyalgia.  The doctor is not interested in the fact that I am always exhausted.  I've felt this way for years - tired, have pain in my knees, ankles, fingers and toes, am depressed, not able to hold a job, can't keep up with course work at school, mood swings, anxiety, don't sleep well, and more.  My doctor treats me with zoloft for depression and adderall (adderrall) for ADD, which I don't think I have.  When I don't take the adderall (adderrall), I get noticeably tired and weepy.  I am so tired of being so tired and in pain and don't know what kind of doctor to see who will listen to me. So far the psychiatrist and primary care docs have been useless.  Any advice would be appreciated.      
I think that when we have emotional issues that we can experience these as physical symptoms.  You could check out somatization if you're interested.

Anxiety and depression can leave us feeling exhausted.

Are you in therapy?
Maybe keep an update of your mood and how it effects you on the mood trackers on here. It is a great way to show a doctor what is really going on. and if you find that your doctor doesn't listen, i encourage you to get a second opinion. you don't want to be talking medication if it isn't working/helpful as it has nasty side effects and expensive.