Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Could I Be BPD?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Could I Be BPD?

Okay so I am convinced that I have this after doing large amounts of research but i need a second opinion. I have asked my therapist but she seemed to think that the fact that I have such intense emotions means that I cannot be BPD so obviously she doesn't know much about it. She blamed everything else on me being severely depressed and a teenager.
I have been self harming for over 4 years now and it has only gotten worse. I have been struggling with an eating disorder (ednos) for 2 years or so, and I have just withdrawn from school and am staying at home until I can get out of this pit that I am in which only seems to be getting worse even though I just started anti depressants. When I first found out what Borderline was all about I was ecstatic because finally something made since as to what could be wrong with me. I have become obsessed and I fit 9 out of 9 of the DSM IV criteria with varying intensities.
I just now made an account on here but I would love someone to talk to...
always willing to help  tom
BPD is something you can't diagnose yourself, it needs to be diagnosed by a mental health professional. a lot of people fit the criteria of BPD and don't actually have it. so you need to go to see a psychiatrist or someone and tell them of your symptoms, don't tell them you think you have BPD because that makes it difficult for them to diagnose you properly instead just tell them about the symptoms that concern you.

hope that helps.