BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER
COMMUNITY
Daughter-in-Law Impossible to Win Over
by Carolina43, Nov 09, 2009
At 17, my son married a 16-year old stand-offish, somewhat anti-social young lady (whom I'll call Amy), whose mother is either Bi-Polar or Schizophrenic.  Mother abandoned Amy at age 5 and left her for father to raise, along with 2 year old brother.  After brother went away to college, he was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizo. and sent home; and then to mental institution.  My son is still married to Amy, and she just gave birth to their 7th child. She has totally shut out my side of the family from visiting or any communication whatsoever. Contrary to my efforts to "win her over" in the early years of their married, she was always hostile and accusatory, always inferring "I was up to something" if I did something nice for them.  She has made my life a living hell; I have not seen my grandchildren in 5 years, and they refuse to communicate in any form. I am a very patient, loving and friendly person, and I allowed her to throw temper tantrums, spoil birthday parties, etc. without telling her off!  I always bit my lip, and attributed it to an inherited mental disorder.  However, My son sees nothing wrong with her.  They live a totally isolated existance and the kids have never been to public school nor had vaccinations; & no one has been allowed to "babysit" them.  Please confirm to me that she is mentally ill. (And I don't know what is wrong with my son! Perhaps too much LSD when young?)