Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Display Symptoms of BPD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Display Symptoms of BPD

I know that online tests are never 100% accurate, but for every BPD test I've taken online I always score a number which is in the level of severity. I am already self-diagnosed with social anxiety disorder. I have always felt out of place, even throughout chidhood, and whenever I read the lists of symptoms and characteristics of BPD so many of them are relatable and I worry. Do I have BPD? I can't afford to go to a psychiatrist, and I don't want my parents to worry.
Tags: BPD, self diagnosis, symptom, Anxiety, worry, test, Anxiety Disorder, disorder
u very well might. I think the biggest characteristics is change in perspective, (Alternating GREAT self worth to hating yourself. This goes w/ appearance too.) ALSO IMPORTANT, changing views of others, practical worship to complete demotion of people close to you. This causes a lot of off and on relationship. These changes are generally on a time schedule, like bipolar. BPD and bipolar are similar in symptoms , so you could have bipolar instead, it is often associated w/ anxiety. I'd say the most obvious & differentiating factor is how you see others(if u alternate EXTREME emotions for them, love hate love hate, bipolar is MORE SO the overall happy, sad, although this also characterizes BPD