Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Dissociate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Dissociate

I hate this. It happens all the time. I check out and I'm just not me for a prolonged period of time. I feel hostile, dark, apathetic, out of it, my brain just has a different feel, like ice. I'm quiet and everything doesn't feel the same, I zone out and it's hard to stay in focus. I don't know a way to stop it, I used to cut to relieve it but I've sworn off that so I have no other options but to tough it out. I wish there was a support group or tracker I could use to track how often it happens but I guess only journaling can do that.

Does anyone else go through this? I feel so unbearably alone.
Hey Raina, I completely relate. Go to moodtracker.com. They have a free mood and med tracker. It's for bipolar, but that is usually a factor in what's happening to us anyway. It's nice because you can print it out for your therapist if you want.
Hi there -

We have a mood tracker on our site (along with several others).  It is free, and you can print it or email it to your doctor. It can help with many mood disorders.

We also have an iPhone app, Moody Me, that is also free, and you can sync it with our site.  This allows you to have a back up of your data, and to have the convenience of entering data on your phone or the site.

Tracker - http://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/gallery/mood  ;(You can click on Health Tools at the top of every page to see a full list of our trackers and apps.)

iPhone app - http://www.medhelp.org/land/mood-diary-app

Emily
Thank you, the more ways to track these "episodes" the better