Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Do I have BDP?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Do I have BDP?

I have been researching about BDP and apparently I have 80% of al symptoms and 100% of all supposed causes. I really had a traumatising childhood and teenage years. Tho only thing is, I dont have fits of anger, I am a very calm person and tend to stay put even in very challenging situations. I dont seek attention and tend to concentrate on the important matters eg. studies, i stay out of trouble and I am very shy. So where does that leave me?
doing research on your own for mental disorders can be a big disaster. i have been diagnosed with bpd, and it is a constant struggle every minute of everyday. the hardest thing is the interpersonal relationship problems for me anyways. even if a hundred ppl have the same disorder it doesnt mean that theyre going to experience it the same way, if this is something u are really worried about, i would advise u to talk to a psychologyst. they can properly diagnose you. and there is a such thing as bpd traits or tendencies, which could mean u may not have the entirety of the disorder, but enough for it to cause problems and require some treatment. good luck.
I have bpd and i am shy and i don't attention seek, i get angry but not for no reason and not with everyone. Don't believe all you read about BPD everyone is different and people often like to only talk about the bad stuff related to BPD, like bri-b my biggest issues are around relationships with people and how i feel, i feel that no one likes me so i avoid people to avoid getting hurt. I hope you are able to get help with it.