Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Extreme bpd psychosis from concussion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Extreme bpd psychosis from concussion

My boyfriend had become social self destructive emotionally unstable, paranoid from multiple recent concussions. Despite normal mri and eeg results. the eeg however shows some emotional instability from non neurological related but more psychological.   He was codependent but now he has become extremely possessive and obsessed with me. He is extremely paranoid haunted by childhood pain and relationship deception and harping on even trivial lies in addition to distorted thoughts and recently he has been experiencing auditory hallucinations. He is self destructive and suicidal and cannot handle demands and stress as it has resulted in new self inflicted concussions. whatever the case is that he needs desperate medical attention. In addition already lives a life of chronic physical pain. Publically he can appear normal emotionally stable and  cognitively functional but internally I fear he may be losing his mind. He refuses to go to see a therapist so I fear I may need to resort to forcing him for mental help involuntarily and must be restrained from further self infliction. he has so much darkness inside him that he fears he may be spiritually attacked.  
Based on what you write is sounds essential that he see a doctor for evaluation.  If he's having psychotic symptoms along with being suicidal and self-destructive it would be more reason to have him seen urgently, even if it is under duress.  Is better for him to be angry than dead or seriously injured from self-harming.  You should take whatever step you need to in order for him to be seen and treated medically.

I don't think he can be diagnosed with a personality disorder, etc if there is another reason for the behaviour.  These would often come under the heading of medically induced ...
Not sure but a doctor would be able to clarify.

If you need to you can always ring the hospital for advice.
That sounds like me whats wrong with him to cause the chronic pain just wundering cause im in chronic excruciating pain 24/7 n have anxiety n depression problems the hospital said i had borderline personality disorder or something iunno i just got upset n cried cause i hurt n had my gallbladder out n i was only 18 now im 19 lol n everything hurts all the time joints muscles ect i dislocate everything too but im more worried about my head cause my emotions are really high all the time then i get upset n get extreme upset n hurt myself or smash my head with hammers n stuff my partner helps me a lot i don't know why i do it mostly cause i just want the drama n pain n emotional pain to end hence why i hit my head cause thats where its all going on n it relieves it for awhile or kills my braincells so im dumber n don't notice the pain lol but yeah i dont think you should forcfully put ur bf amywheree because people put my bf in a mental place when hes completly sane hes just got me insane 24/7 xD but it was baaad and no one deserves to have that happen even if there is something wrong in ur bfs head he needs ur support n love not that thats not caring for him hes just a guy so he wont understand that ur caring n u might end up losing him n then u wont be able to keep him safe again :( just try talk to him more n ask what he thinks n what he wants to do also how do i know if iv'e got a concussion???