Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Going off
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Going off

Do any of you let things build up pressure till you blow your top? Happens all the time with me. And usually what set me off isn't the real reason why I'm angry. I've lost friends over this. Any tips on getting myself to stop and think about the consequences before I open up my mouth? I really hate it when I do and say hurtful things. It hurts me a lot to know I hurt them.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1415482_tn?1337188613
Hi there.

I can relate to this alot. When I get angry I tend to say some mean and hurtful things. It makes me feel quite horrible when I am not angry anymore and I remember all the nasty things I said. What I do now (even though it doesn't always help the situation) is stay silent when I am angry. It is probably pretty passive aggressive but to me its better than being mean. So I keep my mouth shut, no matter what or who I do not speak until it is safe.

During the quiet time I fill my time with other distracting things until I have calmed down.

Take care!

xoxoxo Anna
Blank
1738109_tn?1331416172
Sounds like a good plan. I just about had a fit a few minutes ago. My boyfriend's mom left the house to go to a party. I was the only one home so I  locked the door. She called ahead to say she was coming back home. She got upset cause the door was locked when she got back. I really don't care if she's on her way back. If I'm the only one home the door WILL be locked. Period. Non negotiable. Not up for discussion. And if someone doesn't like it they can pucker up and kiss it. I went to my room and locked the door to avoid a confrontation
Blank
1738109_tn?1331416172
Came really close to acting out physically
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Borderline Personality Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity