Has anyone with BPD taken Antabuse/Disulfiram?
If you have taken this medication, can you tell me about your experience? Thanks!

I was considering taking Antabuse/Disufiram in order to stop drinking. I have been to AA and I find it to be a negative environment for me because most of the people I listen too were drinking 24/7. After I get drunk one night, the thought of a drink in the morning or really any morning makes me ill. And I usually don't drink a thing for 2 - 3 more days. Also, once I get really drunk, I have to stop. I can't just keep drinking and drinking. I get to a point at which I feel like I will be sick if I take another drink.

I want to remain abstinent from drinking while in therapy for BPD. This will likely take several years, but I do not want to remain abstinent my entire life. I know that my drinking problem is caused by my depression and once that is resolved through therapy, I will be able to enjoy wine the way I do most of the time - a glass or two paired with a wonderful dinner or a glass or two with friends and family.