Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Hearing Voices - PLEASE HELP!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Hearing Voices - PLEASE HELP!!

I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder about a year ago, in denial, I did not take the medication, after i nearly lost everything, did i accept this and started the treatment. I have been on the medication for awhile now and only for the past week, i have started hearing my own voice in my head, like a BAD ME. It is telling me bad things about people that I love. I keep fighting with it, like saying 'you are not real' or 'go away'. When my psyciatrist first asked me if i was hearing voices I wasnt, and now I am... I am scared. My husband does not know and I dont want to tell him because he will think I am mad. I dont want to go back to the Doctor. I just want these voices to go away, will they ever, why are they there?
i have bpd as well. i have had periods of times where i would hear voices...and sometimes even see things that were not there. this is not usually due to bpd that i know of. mine is a different diagnosis of major depression with pyschotic features. and this doesnt mean that u are "mad". are u going thru any extra stress right now? that has seemed to be what has triggered mine in the past. i would suggest going back to your dr. anyways so he/she can adjust or make changes to your medication(s). it is usually temporary, for me atleast, but your dr. is the most qualified one to be able to help you get rid of them and ease your mind. good luck.
I am going through a little bit of extra added stress at the moment. So maybe that is the reason... I have made another doctors appointment, so i will go and see what he says, just to put my mind at ease. The voices have seemed to have drifted off.... hope its for good thought, it gets quite annoying!
I get really bad mood swings with bpd. And also. Hear voices. I am on sequel which I take at night time.    I here if u want a chat huni xx