Hearing Voices
Are there alternative to drugs/medication for effective treatmenting of 'hearing voices' ?
If they are stress-induced then reducing stress could be an effective treatment or management plan.

I would seriously put this question to your own doctor.

You could also try asking the doctor on the mental health expert forum.
It does depend on the circumstance and the amount of stress etc. Life factors however You should be seeing Your own doctor and if medication is advised it sounds well worth it. Hearing voices can be pretty serious, it can also in very few people be a sign of a problem with their physical health you should have it checked either way
To my own personal knowledge, I think medication is really the only way to help that situation since it is something that cannot be controlled by the individual.
You're right, most psychotic episodes are managed by meds.

With bpd, one of the criteria is for transient stress-related psychosis.  It's the last criteria if you want to check it out.  Sometimes if you can manage that stress you can bring the other stuff into check.  I guess with some of that though there is some ability to test reality.

I have heard some people say that pressure works well for them.  Being squeezed.  I know it sounds strange but apparently it is suppose to be quite calming and soothing.
I personally haven't tried it or recommend it.  I guess in a sense maybe I have.  I tend to sleep best with heaps of weight (in the form of duvets, etc) on me.  It's off topic.

I just think it is really important to get an accurate diagnosis (whether that is bp, bpd, postpartum depression, severe depression, schizophrenia, etc) and get appropriate treatment.

I think you're probably right though and that is that medication is probably the best way to go.