Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Hurt Mother

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Hurt Mother

I have a 16 year old son, my only child that has been in and out of mental hospitals for 12 years of his life. With my son it seems like, he is the only one in the world and will do the far extreme to get his way.  He dosnt have any respect nor remorse for any of the devient deeds he has done.  My son has been kick out pre school, molestated a family member, and now I recently found out that he has been stealing from me on his home visits for years.    
I'm tired.   When my son does come home he has never lasted for more then 6 months and then the totally extremes starts again. Kicked out of school, fighting, etc.
I just put him in juvenile, because; I refuse to have a thief live in my home. I am willing to forefit my custody,  I think it would be best if I just let him go.  
shame on you! this child has been molested and you are just another adult who is doing him wrong.wake up you can't give a child up like you would an animal that you don't want to deal with....you should be embarrased.
If you will go back and read again what hurt mother wrote you will see that she DID NOT say her son was molested, but that he had molested a family member.  Please read thoroughly things through before you make any judgments, as this person obviously has been through extreme stress in her life.  I would say to you,hurt mother,your son needs to be in some different type of in-patient therapy and medication change perhaps, for a LONG time and when he is released would probably do well to have a mentor, someone that would be willing to help him know how to act in society.  I would not give up yet, your son may come to a different realization when he has a few more years on him.  I have a 19 year old daughter that did just that.  She stepped back and looked at the pain she was causing herself and her family and chose to go a different route than the one she was on.  She is doing very well for herself now, is finishing up highschool, and has received a scholarship based on her learning disorder and how she has overcome her obstacles.  I hope and pray the same can happen to your son.
With all due respect I think you've misunderstood.  The mother said the CHILD molested a family member, not that he was molested.  

Dee----I don't have kids myself, however, I have a friend whos grandson acts just like this.  I have known this child since the day he was born and he has always been exactly like he is now.  He doesn't seem to have any sense of right and wrong, has been in and out of juvie, then prison his whole life now and he just turned 26.  I can't say what the right thing to do is, but I sure don't blame you for your feelings.  You have been there for him for 16 years, but when you never receive any kind of hope then I would probably feel the same way you do.  I'm so sorry to say, but your son sounds like a sociopath and as far as I've ever know, this kind of person doesn't change.  

This is not your fault!!
    I am so sorry but it does like your son is socialpath or maybe something else but he needs professional help you have done all you can and it's not your fault.  Something happened too him or maybe he was born that way know ones knowa so nobody should judge you.  You have to take care of yourself I wouldn't want a darn thief in my house  either.  What aboutn the poor mothers who's son is a rapist.   No One wins.  You are not equipped to deal with him and good for you for regonizing that.  peace Blue
i know that this is very painful for you especially with him being the only child and i have seen many people like your son somehow they just cant be helped by the parents . i have worked with the people with disorders for years and i know that some can look you straight in the eye and you will beleive anything they say if you did not know better also he is better off in a place where they may help him but it sounds like he has so many problems and you just cant handle him dont let anyone put you on a guilt trip i know that you have done all you can so just try to get over this and just visit him if he wants it and you want it but please take care of your self i am sure you have tried everything just give it time if he gets better that will be great but right now all you can do is pray that he does .sometimes love does not cure things the way we hope. also the molestation part he must not be allowed to do this again    lots of luck    jo
What a very dumb and stupid remark you made!!!!!!!!! I can not understand why you pop off your mouth to the Hurt Mom when you can't even read what she wrote. I hope you will never live with your own child molesting someone else! But if it does happen to you...Then Shame on you and your deserve everything you get!!!!!!!!!!!