I bet this gets asked a lot, but do you think I have BPD?
I know, only an official diagnosis can determine whether or not I do, but I've been reading about it and it seems to fit me very well. Pretend you were a doctor, what would you ask me to determine if I had it? I'll answer the questions. Thanks a lot if you take the time to do this. I really appreciate it, as I am really beginning to struggle with whatever I might have.
Self-diagnosis is rarely a good idea. As a diagnosed sufferer of BPD, I can only recommend seeing a mental health professional about it and seeking help for managing it. If you have any questions about BPD, feel free to contact me.
Hi there and welcome.  I am a sufferer of BPD for the last 31 years, infact long before this nasty disorder was ever really recgonised, discussed or basically treated/diagnosed.  Today there IS indeed treatment but in general, it seems to me, the problem lies in finding funding and this depends on your local health departmnent.  I agree with the answer 'Swahboo' has given, that self diagnosis is rarely a good idea.  I thought for the majority of those 31 years I suffered, that I was actually bi-polar (or manic-depressive as it was known as then), so it shows a good example of self diagnosis being wrong.  The one big problem with self diagnosis but then not seeking official diagnosis, is that if you don't get officially diagnosed, you will never find the correct treatment.  Yes,  I'd be the first to admit that seeking help with psycholigical conditions can be very long winded - but you MUST begin ASAP.  The sooner you start at the begining, which is normally your GP (in the UK), then the sooner you will be refered to the right person who can help you on your way to recovery.  BPD is not curable, but it IS managable for sure and there's no reason why you can't go on to lead a very productive and sucessful life!!  I wish you well and do come back and tell us how you have got along.  HUGS  XXX