Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Is it just me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Is it just me?

i havent had a diagnosis but i feel as if i suffer from the same thing that some people here do. i dont know what to do about it. im 14 and i dont really have any friends, as i find it difficult to connect with people, and not many people will give me the benifit of the doubt when it comes to me. its just - i need to talk to someone who knows what its like. my mum is trying to help, but she doesnt get it. i just feel like no body cares about me. i think about death quite a lot, and how easy it would be for me to just end it. i want to, but i dont know how to. i also used to cut, but not a lot. my mum would see the cuts and want me to talk to her about it. im not any good with feelings, so i just say what she wants to hear and i carry on feeling like utter ****. the only way i can feel better is by breaking something or crying. i just feel like nobody understands, and i suppose my question is, what can i do to stop it, and can someone let me know that i am not alone.

-Fatality
Wow I feel the same way I feel like an outcast like I'm never on the same page as someone
yeah, i know what you mean. my friends noticed the cuts on my arm and now treat me different - like if they say something wrong i will leap on them and attack them or something... i dont know... they seem to think that if they ignore it it will go away. its just... hard sometimes...
the only thing that makes me happy is horse riding, but thats only once a week, and a few days later im back to feeling like **** again...
I had those same feeling all growing up. Don't hold it in, find a psychiatrist, join a mental health group. I find it reassuring to know others feel the same way. You are not alone. Your life is worth something. But don't hold your feelings in, it will harm you more in the long run. Self harm of any sort is never any good. I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, Obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress syndrome and anxiety all from a screw up childhood. A few months back and 34 years old I had a few days where I was mentally incapacitated. Let me tell you firsthand, find somebody you trust to talk to, we are learning about dialectic behavior therapy in group and it has helped me a lot to learn how to deal with my feelings. You may want to look into it. Sorry you are going through this. There is light at the end of the tunnel with help just don't be afraid to seek it.