Borderline Personality Disorder Community
My Daughter has been diagnosed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

My Daughter has been diagnosed

My daughter has been diagnosed after years of trouble as Borderline personality Disorder, its such a relief to know why she was so awful and said the most terrible things to me you wouldnt believe. Ibelieve my son may have the same thing but he wont go and be diagnosed.
I have been feeling so isolated as if I have no children and I get blamed for the way they behave from my ex husband and other people.
I can see now one of my sisters has this also, and the traits must have come down through my family.
I have read the book Stop walking on eggshells and I am now reading The essential family guide to Borderline personality Disorder, these have made me feel a lot better.
Is there any support for Mothers and sisters of people with this disorder, to help set up boundaries, as I have been so manipulated most of my life I am a wreck.
i'm not a mother or sister of someone with bpd, but i do have it. i treat my mom [my grandmother who raised me] like crap to be honest. and i have no idea why i do. i'll forever be grateful that she took me in when i was almost 3, but it's like i can't stop being mean. and trust me, i feel absolutely horrible about it every day. and i'm not this way with other people. me and my dad argue, but not like my mom and i do. she can say something that i either take the wrong way or it jus flat out pisses me off, and i start cussing and calling her names. it's like i'm not even thinking before i speak bc once our fight is over i feel incredibly guilty. it's like i can't even believe all of that came out of my mouth. i love her so much but she thinks i hate her. i got so out of control a few months back, my mom had nothing else to do but have me arrested bc i was off my medication and didn't think i needed help. from jail they sent my to the psych ward. that opened my eyes a lot. i'm back on my meds and everything, but still struggling with it daily. jus please don't give up on your loved ones, bc  i know it can be hard on your end of it, but it is also hard on their end as well. i'm not saying it's ok for people to treat their mother or sister or anyone else that way, i jus thought it might help to hear from someone who is going through the same things as your family members. [i'm new at this medhelp thing, so i'm sorry if that's not anything you were looking for]

best of luck :)
Thankyou for your reply, I didnt think that my daughter cared about the things she has said to me, shesent me a text  one day when I was having surgery, I hope you dont come out of it.
If she is sorry about the things she said she has never said so.
hmmm, well i know from my experience i always feel guilty about what i say, but i usually don't say i'm sorry to my mom and i don't know why bc i feel horrible about the way i treat her.
Thats very interesting that you feel guilty I didnt think my daughter felt  guilty.
Thanks for your info.
you're welcome