Borderline Personality Disorder Community
My girlfriend has bdp, where is the best place for advice and support

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

My girlfriend has bdp, she has recently started therapy. I am beggniing to understand her a bit more. And when she talks to me about deep issues, wether it be childhood memories or general feelings towards things, i can understand her alot more and am deeply intersted in what she is telling me,,, but my problem lies where she rarely does this... Or 1 thing i will say breaks this connection and she turns angry. Where is the best place to go for advice and support. Any help or advice will be greatly appriciated. Thank you
Hi, I just joined yesterday, I'm BPD myself. Is the need for support for yourself as your girlfriend seems to be supported by therapy? If it's you that needs the support I will ask my wife as she belongs to a support group for friends/relatives of BPDs. She also has several books about coping with life with a BPD friend/relative. Let me know if any of the above would be helpful . . .
Hello greymatta. Yes its more advice for myslef, as she is already in therapy. Some books suggestions would be useful, and i will enquire in my local area for any groups like this. Thanks for your help. :D
Hey, ok, the support group is online, www.****.com - 'Facing The Facts'.

Books - 'When Hope Is Not Enough' by Bon Dobbs & 'Stop Walking On Eggshells' both are available through Amazon.

Hope that's helpful . . . hang in there; if your girlfriend is anything like me she's hard work but reeeeeally wonderful too when she's stable!! ;-)