Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Personality disorder? Please help me, this is totally serious

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

I am very happily engaged. BUT, I am obsessed with trying to make every man I meet, falling in love with me. Example, I was on twitter and this guy was complaining about love, so I replied. The very moment I re tweeted him, I got a raging jealousy because he was talking about being in love with another woman. I have never met him before in my life, yet I need him to fall in love with me. Why?? Why do I feel the need to try and make every man I know, fall in love with me? I never cheat on my man, but I love to flirt and manipulate a man. I have been told that I may have a personality disorder that fits these symptoms.

ALSO:   I am obsessed with trying to get pregnant. I am 18 years old and this all started about 2 years ago when I met my husband to be. I started to get extremely depressed when I would see other teens or women pregnant, and when I started having unprotected sex and I wasn't getting pregnant, I started to worry and now I cant help but want to be pregnant. I try and try and it just doesn't happen. and I will miss a period and hope that it finally happened, but it never does. Please help me
I'm not really sure if you have borderline personality disorder or something else going on.
There are many symptoms when you have this disorder. A Psychiatrist or therapist would have to diagnose you, and it's not always an easy diagnosis because it can mimic bi-polar in many ways.
You seem to only have this problem with men. Do you also want other people to like you?
I'm also wondering about this need to be pregnant at such a young age.
I could tell you some things that I think may be going on but I'm not a Dr. Before you get married and please, before you get pregnant, find a really good Psychiatrist or therapist to find out what's going on.
I'm here to listen and help if I can. This is fairly new to me because my daughter was diagnosed a few months ago so I'm learning everything I can about this disorder to better help her.
Thank you. I am going to make an appointment with a psychiatrist this week. I never really knew that these two issues were abnormal until recently. I always figured I could just ignore it, but now its really affecting my life. I am sorry to hear that your daughter was diagnosed.
I felt compelled to respond to u. U are so young and remind me a lot of myself. The above response was good advice. Certainly seek help from a licensed psychiatrist so u can discuss ALL ur symptoms. As far as what u listed here, I can absolutely relate to those feelings. My OPINION (and that's all it is because I'm not a doctor of any kind) is, ur needing to feel love. I married at 17 and had my first child at 19, second at 20 and third at 24... My marriage ended and continued to desperately seek love. Here I am at 32 and finally realizing, the hole can only be filled by loving ur self! Unconditionally. I wish I had figured this out before I had children. Trust me, nothing gets "easier" with children. That's when u begin a new set of issues (like feelings of guilt that u didn't wait) I wish u the best. Feel free to email, me if u need to vent. ***@****
honeylynnpenelope @ Yahoo . Com
Yes, I was going to say what the above poster said about the need to feel loved. This can be a separate issue from BPD, or, it can fall into the symptoms of it.
Will you please let us know what the Psychiatrist says?
We're here to listen and help anyway we can.
Thank you. My daughter has a very hard time with her BPD at times but she has really been informing herself with all the info she can on this condition. It really helps to do this. She also sees a therapist