Borderline Personality Disorder Community
Pooping pants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Pooping pants

My nephew is 12 and he is pooping his pants all the time.  We have tried to embarass him out of it that did not help.  He now poops at school and when he gets mad at some one.  He is also stealing then lying about it.  He has recently started to destroy his own belongings.  He took a box cutter and permanent marker to everything in his room.  Is there something behind this?  Is he looking for attention?   He gets a lot of negative attention from this.  He is also doing terrible in school.  He has been to a doctor for this and he lied to the doctor telling him that everyone was just telling the doctor these things to get him in trouble.  The doctor told my family that there was nothing he could do as long as my nephew was lying.
there is something definatly wrong with this boy have you talked with a school counsler has he talked with a psyc dr take him to another dr but dont let him destroy things you can take away as surly as you can give show him this is not accaptable and try having him wash his own clothes or go without also dont buy him toyd or take away some privilage like tv or something i do wish you lots of luck.even a mentally retarded child has boundrys they know3 better than to cross them embarassing him will not help he has to know who is boss and who is the child and you can do that by giving him something when he behaves and taking away when he is bad it wont be easy but i really think he needs a counsler but a child no matter what age shoul have their way.  luck  jo
My boyfriend's little brother is 10, he would leave his underwear full of poop in the trash can. He would poop in other people's underwear/boxers until we found out it was him. His mom confronted him and asked him to please tell her the truth but he denied every bit of it. He hasn't done it since. The other day he went to my house and stayed over. He wiped his poop with my hand cloth and left it on the sink. Could there be something wrong with him mentally?
A child who poops his pants is also a symptom of being a victim of sexual abuse. The above behavior seems to be beyond the norm, it may be a good idea to seek a counselor....
The last thing you want to do is berate the boy for the defecating. I am willing to bet he is a smart boy with a lot of potential and goes through bouts of extreme mood swings and yearns for those snippets of happiness.... everything you described to a tee is classic signs of sexual and possibly physical abuse by a caregiver at a young age.I am not pointing fingers but it is expected that this behavior probably has caused some outward negativity towards the boy from the you the parents without intending to. Trust me the boy is not defecating for attention; that's a symptom, the negative attention seeking is his cries for help and his brain's way of coping. Forget the inexperienced doctor and get him to someone that understands this condition and knows how to treat it. My heart goes out to him, he's going to live with this pain wihtout relief and it gets worse in adulthood. Help him now and save him from decades of relentless pain; sleeplessness, fear, anxiety, and sorrow. (look into borderline personality disorder) Good luck.
Does he have IBS?