Talking to Myself
I have noticed recently that I am talking to myself a lot more. I have conversations with myself and go through scenarios with other people.

Almost like play acting what the other person says and I reply in my head I am not sure if I am going crazy or not what could be the cause ?
"Two or more voices commenting on each other" can be one criteria for schizophrenia but only a psychiatrist would be able to make a conclusive diagnosis. Schizophrenia is treatable with antipsychotics. You don't need to think of yourself as "crazy". I have schizoaffective disorder (and have made a full recovery with an antipsychotic agent in Phase II FDA study, read through my posts) and I think of myself as a person with a psychiatric disability. Either way what you are experiencing can be treated and it would be best to speak to a psychiatrist about it.
I am really not sure what to think I have realise only recently that I have started **** it my wife noticed me muttering under my breath.

I also am not concious I am doing it then realise afterwards I have been going through a scenario with someone. Say for example someone at work if I said the following and what the other person would say back. Almost like going through scenes.

I have only just realised the past few days how crazy this sounds. I go through a scenario and have a negative conclusion and dont feel like contacting that person again so fall out with them. I also go over previous conversations with people and analyse things quite a lot and perhaps see things in a bad or paranoid way.

I am not sure if I have an issue I am under a lot of pressue with my job and figured this could be the problem ?
I would welcome a reply on my last post from an expert.
Post it in the ask a doctor forum.
how do you do that ?
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Mental-Health/show/122
Sounds to me like you need to consult with a Psychiatrist just to be sure there's no underlieing cause.  But you may be under too much stress. It's pretty normal to talk to yourself. Lots of people do, including me.  I mostly talk to the t.v., or make suggestions to someone on a game show outloud!  Sometimes shout at them!  And I think I'm a pretty normal person.  Unless you start acting out your hostility, I wouldn't think you were "dangerous" but it would not hurt to talk to a professional.  It aways makes one feel pretty good to be "reassured" they're not crazy.   Your insurance should pay for at least 6 sessions.  Get going!  And Good Luck!
please could you do me a favour every time I go to post on that forum I end up seeing it has reached its daily limit.

Is there any chance someone could post this on for me and post a link would be much appreciated.

I also used to suffer with feeling sick from stress in the past.
I go through the same thing and it is really worrying me now. I have full on debates and arguments with myself and talk to myself about the things that annoy me and stuff. I also sometime re-enact out things by myself.
I do the same thing. you are not alone.  I really want to stop.  It's very negative.  I do notice, though, if I am watching something on TV that is of interest to me, or if I am reading a book or actually having a pleasant conversation with someone- like I did this morning with my mother- I stop.  My wife catches me all the time.  I've explained to her and try to get her to understand but I know it concerns her.  I want to stop.  I would also like a mental health professional to respond to this
I can understand exactly what you are going through. I do the exact same. I have done it ever since I was a kid. But more so now. I also pretend I'm talking to a psychiatrist or a counselor a lot and I say it in a quiet aloud voice, so no one hears me, unless I am alone in the house. I always talk to myself aloud too and sometimes, re-enact a scenario that I made in my head. So don't think you are alone, I do it all the time, I don't know if it's 'Normal' or 'Abnormal' but I think if it's really worrying you, go see a doctor or a psychiatrist :) by the way if you do find out what it is and why we do it, please let me know. I hope you figure it out and that it doesn't bother you as much.  
Yeah...im a 15 year old girl and I talk my self and I go crazy off the walls when I get excited, I pretend as if im with a group of my friends all the time and run up and down the house crazily and ill see things on t.v or books or see someone preforming and then go home and whrn im alone I'd act it out as if it were me....there alot more to me. I don't know whats wrong with.

Hello there,
I just came across your comments in the BPD forum. I noticed you posted your comments in 2009. I don't think you are going crazy. You say you talk to yourself sometimes and go through scenarios with other people.
I think a lot of people have conversations with themselves. I call this self
talk. Not everyone wants to admit they do this. Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with this. I find myself gong through scenarios with other people too. In other words predicting what someone might say when you tell them about a certain issue etc. I think it's normal. You say you also go over previous conversations you have had with someone and analyze it.
Again, I do this too. I think it is just the brain's way of going over what was said. Sometimes I find myself thinking, If only I had said that or this.
I am retired now. But when I was working of course I would have conversations with the other people I worked with. After having a conversation, I would find myself analyzing what I had said. I think it's natural. Someone suggested you seeing a psychiatrist. Well, I'm here to tell you what you do i.e. analyze previous conversations, maybe role playing conversations you are planning to have but talking them out, is normal in my opinion. What you can try and do when you are role playing a conversation you are planning to have is imagine a positive outcome rather than a negative outcome. It's just an idea. Well, I guess that's all I wanted to tell you. I hope this message finds you well. Take good care,  Eve
Yeah I do that too...it's almost like a way to escape from your life into a better one really. Can get quite carried away too :/
I'm 25, and since I was young I act out scenarios in movies' book, tv, sometimes stories that other people have told and I find myself reenacting them on my own, very realistically- with speech and actions- I do the voices for the other people, like a dialogue. I mostly whisper when I'm doing the talking bits, it in my heard it's at it's proper volume. I was once caught- and they said it looked very manic. Sometimes it's like I'm in a movie and I'm adding stuff to the story to make it more interesting. A lot of the time it's like I'm rehearsing, in order to tell or demonstrate to someone later.When there's a bit I like, I go other and other it again, occasionally catching seeing my reflection, I think I'm checking to see it cool or bizarre it looks.

When I do get a chance to relay a story to someone, which is not often- it normally comes out as the edited version of events, to make it more dramatic or amusing. depending on the story. You are not alone.

But I would really like to know what they hell they call this way of thinking, or is it really a disorder? If so I'm not sure I can change, cause I kind of like it.
Its almost scary Amimad, how much I relate to your response!! I do the same exact things, sometimes can last hours..
You would never believe how happy and grateful I am to see these posts. I searched this up and found some websites about being depressed and stressed, but I really don't feel like there's anything wrong with me. I feel normal when I do it, and it's become a part of my daily routine. I sometimes get a bit scared because I've started to close off other people in favor of my own company, but I also reenact events others have told be about, go over things that have already happened to me, pretend something has happened, and all of it is done through me talking it out. Sometimes I'm actually just telling myself my own opinions and finalizing or editing who I am. It's a weird way to put it, but the best I could come up with. But I also wonder if there's a name for this? I know I'm not schizophrenic since there are no other voices, but I'm not sure it's actually normal. Some websites said that it is normal, but I think they were talking about telling yourself stray comments. I don't do that-- I have full out conversations and debates.
I do all of this. Analysis of yourself and role play in your head surely can't be a bad thing. I was worried about it and done a bit of research and it seems perfectly normal and more common than I thought. A reassurance. I always try to keep the scenarios positive. It can help you pre determine how you would and should deal with particular situations. Not a bad thing in my opinion. Your post was very reassuring by btw. Thank you :)
Hey  14 years old I have the same problem I dont know what its called but I like it. I like to put myself in a mind set of not needing anyone. I feel as if no one understands me. I also been really stressed lately and I needed to talk to someone but my life is so deep people wont understand so I take this as gods gift because the only thing that can understand me is me.