Borderline Personality Disorder Community
What am I facing here and how do I approach it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

I've been really worried lately. I'm a 23 year old male. I'll just get straight into it. My day starts off in a panic and if I don't leave for work by an exact time I start freaking out. If I can't stop by a place to grab a drink I freak out in even more. And when I'm on the highway I just freak out about being on time and I worry so much I sometimes wonder what if I just drive my car into the wall. This all occurs even though I know I'll make it to work on time.

Once I arrive I get extremely happy and just want to talk to everyone. Within 2 hours I feel lifeless and dull. Or I think of something over and over and repeat what I say in my head. I'm getting distracted by a lot of stuff, down to things that are just colors I like. Sometimes when I'm walking I feel like a part of my body just went through a spider web. And a few times I heard my coworkers ask me a question when no one is around. When I'm given 2+ tasks I feel so overwhelmed I forget them right away. And when given directions or told something I sometimes just can't put 2 and 2 together. A few days ago in the middle of work I started hearing a loud buzzing sound. And when trying to tell someone something I either talk to fast or my brain goes dead and I pause mid sentence.

I've also had problems sleeping. I stay up all night and can only get at most 4 hours of sleep. I normally say stuff over and over in my head. I'm also sometimes woken up by a high pitch sound. I'm having problems doing daily routine stuff like brushing my teeth. Everything has been worrying me nonstop and it's so overwhelming that I'm starting to cry multiple times a day. I just don't know what's going on and how to approach it.
Hi there.  Oh dear, and I'll get straight to the point as you did.  You sure sound to me like you are suffering from some sort of acute anxiety.  Do you have any spcific worries that could have sparked this off, can you take yourself back to a time before all these undesirable synptoms became apparent?  Maybe you can pin point one thing or a number of things which started the problems.  If this is the case then you will need some sort of help to get to grips in sorting things out.  Someone to talk to who is used to dealing with folk suffering anxiety or related issues would be ideal, your GP would, I'm sure (whatever country you are in) be the first port of call.  He or she would be able to refer you to a specialist, which normally a GP is not, they don't specialise in anything.  Please don't go for the 'quick fix' of drugs, they may well appear to help initally but long term they only cover up problems which later become even bigger problems.  Also hun, don't go putting a name or 'lable' on yourself at this point, i.e. lets say bi-polar, depression, personality disorder etc, this needs a qualified person to address and not a layman.  Try and make that appointment with your GP (Dr.) and let him/her direct you to the person or persons who can help you work out the root of all these distressing problems.  Good luck and come back to this site for support, whatever the issue I'm sure you will find a section here that applies to you.   X