Borderline Personality Disorder Community
childhood emotional isolation and adult life

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

hi
i am 26 years old.i was incest ed by my brother in my childhood for at least 3 years.he was 4 year older than me and i was 7 years by then.he literally penetrated me at times, and threatened me not to complain to parents.finally i told to mother during one bullying that he asked me to lower my pants and i denied, that's why he is doing so.my parents shocked, and he was made to apologies to mother.(not to me!)putting it sincerely, i had no idea what sex is, all that made me worried at that time was, brother was mothers pet always.(i remember my father saying "she is just not what we think, little ****")
some how the issue settled, and there was a gulf between me and bro, as that time passed i read somewhere it is natural for boys of that age.but there was something incurable inside me.during childhood, i was bullied at school, was terribly afraid of darkness, i had no friends i school, but i managed somehow, i was too good in studies.as the board exam came i had sweating hand, nousia, and stomach ache, and i noticed myself missing class notes,dates and other relevant things, i found myself helpless.i missed the main exam as i forgot the date!!!
what are the problems in an adults caused by emotional unavailability of family? my social life is in chaos.
Hey don't know if you will see this as its been a while since you posted it but when I was 6 or 7 posibly younger by brother started doing things to me he was three years older me it went on for a a good few years I never said a word to any one until I fell pregnant (not by him) he threatened to kill my baby a number of times and that was when I decided to tell my mum I was sick of the abuse he was always violent and for a certain amount of years he was sexually abusive he wasnt the only one that did things to me when I told my mum she asked if I'm sure I'm not getting confused wouldnt speak to me most of my family think I'm a liar and just attention seeking I don't know why anyone would lie about something like this I eventually decided I never wanted to see him again didn't want to know anything about and didn't want my kids anywhere near him after 3 years i was told he had been in an accident and that the life support machines would be switched off soon I hit the floor and cried but I'm not sure if I was angry that he would be taking it to the grave or if I generally cared everyone around me at the time knew what hedone to me and i got all sorts of looks for wanting to go see him when I got there I cried even more I held his hand told him to wake up and stop playing games I spoke to the nurse who said he's gone there's nothing there he's completely brains dead ignored her and said just give him a chance I went back to him told him who I was I held his hand and told him I loved him and that he has to wake up he squeezed my hand no-one believed me  when I told them until he woke up the next day no one would let me in incase I upset him then he asked for me so I went in we both cried he told me he loved me and he's been trying to tell me something since but his speech is still a bit funny and no-one will let us talk over the last couple of years iv learnt alot what he did was not acceptable not allowed not right but understandable no one knows the full extent of what happened to him I don't know if he didn't know any better or if he was mimicking someone else or what I guess that's something i will probably never know