Borderline Personality Disorder Community
confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

confused

im young only 16 female but i am bipolar along with many other things......i havnt told my long term boyfriend but hes starting to question whats up with me. im scared to tell him. what if him knowing this makes him see im not what he wants. or my fear the whole time was that hes to good for me idk teenage hormones that i know most of you dont wanna hear about i truelly like him and i want to be 100% truthfull i just need to know where to start i guess?:/
Just be honest with him...tell him why you took so long to tell him and why you thought that way...but talk to him over dinner or in a letter just when its you 2 though
I've had BPD since I was 9 years old and even now my hubby still finds it hard. But be willing to answer any questions he may have

Hope this helps
Yes, honesty is best. Remember, your condition is a big part of what makes you....well, you. He was attracted to that before he new. It would be considerate to explain what possible symptyms could arise or aren't likely to arrise, so he knows and isn't blind sided if you have an episode. Don't make too big of a deal of it, though. If he is truly interested in you, he'll hang around to see how things work out. Good luck :)