Borderline Personality Disorder Community
friend has BDP and its a problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

friend has BDP and its a problem

A friend clearly has BPD and is police officer the only trait that is not noticed is addication to risky sex. How do you convience the friend that she has it or her department that she has this issue. Before she hurts herself or others? SHe is a very angry preson with intense mood swings, isolation and the feeling of "me" never pretty enough, everyone is talking about "me" and mother died at a young age. Her world revolves around dad. Extremely angry at almost anything and then fine the next. Feels left out at work and stays far away from everyone.
Tags: BPD
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
Yes well the best thing is to explain it to them in their own terms as that it will be helpful for their recovery and improve their life which can be hard to do. Sometimes its good to have someone else to support you but do explain it in a positive manner.
Blank
WIll this persons BPD sometime effect there job and other relationships? How long does BPD last? Does a perosn ever outgrow it?  
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
Like any other psychiatric disability bpd lasts for life. It can effect a person's jobs and relationships. Bpd is treated with medication, talk therapy and dbt therapy (a form of behavioral therapy). I myself have schizoaffective disorder (from which I've had a full recovery with a medication in Phase II FDA study) so you could find out more from people who post here who do have bpd but if the person you speak about does have bpd or any other form of psychiatric disability they would of course need to see a psychiatrist who could decide what to do from there.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Borderline Personality Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...