Borderline Personality Disorder Community
is there something wrong with me or is this thing normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

well i have this problem ever since i was a kid but its getting worse with age im 21 now. when i was little i used to be more active in my head as in i used to think alot about life fantacies or making plans etc n because of this i think im unable to read for more then few mins n its really hard to keep working on something without thinking about it or something n hearing my own voice in my head talking about the things im thinking and even when im in class or watching something on tv or even while driving n i get so involve in it that physically i pause n i pause n my auto pilot thing takes over n thn my body do its work on its own but it mostly just screw up coz thn i do things like i used to do it or how i mostly do it. n once we were in a class n i was trying to focus but in head i was planning on how to deal with that topic n how im gona work on it when i will get home etc n i kept going for like an hour n thn my teacher called out my name n said r u listening to me n i said yes! he thn told me to come to his table n asked me i know u get bored in my class right coz u think u dont need it n while he was talking i started thinking again n i didnt knw what he said to me he thn again said r u listening to me??? n i said yes n thn he said ok thn tell me what is the last thing i was talking to u about n i said u said r u listening to me n he said no b4 that n i didnt know what he was saying so i just stood there n thn he started saying that most of the students r physically here but there minds r somewhere else n thn i started thinking about something n again he said AHMED!!!! r u listening n i said yes! n thn he made a really bad face n told me to go n sit down :/ n its not like i dont try to focus on things i do try n sometimes i try so hard that i dont get the whole thing im reading or listening n because of that focus my head starts hurting so bad :/ n i do this while driving n in my auto pilot mode i kept driving n thn when i focus around me sometimes im way out of my route n i dont remember at that point that how did i get there n i do this while walking talking etc n its getting really bad :/ n once i came home n normally i go to my room put my things on my desk n lay down in my bed but i start thinking at that point n when i regained my sense i was in my car n i was backing my car n my clothes were changed n my cell n wallet were in my pocket n everything was in place except for i didnt want to go anywhere n i had no idea what was i doing there :/ so i went back to my room n i guess u guys get the main idea that how bad is this thing n this phase of thinking can b really long or short like from few seconds to mind to HOURS! n while im in this phase my basic instinct kick in n my body start to do work on auto pilot mode. n SOMETIMES while thinking about one thinking like may b working on some project n thinking about it n thn randomly i start thinking about something else n one thing lead to another n thn i forget that what i was thinking about in the first place n thn i retrace my steps n it takes a really long time mostly n thn when finally i figure out all of it thn i get back to my original work. im REALLY tired of this thing n idk if its coz of something or is it normal idk but i really wana get rid of it coz its getting bad! i have never told anyone this coz they will think im making this up or im a dumb person coz many characters in tv shows or movies do these kinda things but they r stupid n i know im not stupid coz my iq is really high so PLS if anyone know what is this n how can i fix it thn do tell me coz i wana do my work without this thing distracting me n i wana read like normal people. my head is just a mixture of an ocean of imagination n while writing this i got distracted by this thing atleast 6 7 times n sometimes i lost it that what i was gona write next LOL anyway im waiting for ur answers TC

p.s i dont wana tell u guys this coz i dont want u to consider these things coz it could through u off but still im suffering from borderline personality disorder n clinical depression but pls also try to think of something without considering these 2 things bye
HI THERE SEEMS LIKE YOU HAVE ALOT ON YOUR PLATE. MAYBE IF YOU TAKE A COPY OF YOUR POST AND BRING IT TO YOUR DOCTOR THEY CAN HELP YOU.IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THERE MAY BE SOME SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS. ITS GONNA BE OKAY.TRY DEEPAK CHOPRAS MEDITATIONS TO HELP YOU KEEP A TRAIN OF THOUGHT.THEY ARE GUIDED MEDITATIONS FREE ONLINE. I HOPE THIS HELPS.TAKE CARE  HUGS
Hi there, first I would say that I have experienced moments that you are describing and I have yet to find a solution myself, but I wanted to let you know that you are not crazy and definitely not dumb. I have caught myself as you put it auto pilot while driving a couple of times. That alone has freaked me out, but I learned that I was changing lanes and everything but not remembering if I used my single light and if I even looked before moving to the other lane. Luckily I was with my brother at the time and he said I did. At the time I was thinking about a this guy I was dating and then realized I passed my destination. Only because my brother asked me where I was going, that I noticed I did that. But like you I went into auto pilot. Another instance that I can think of was when my current boyfriend was telling me how to cook corn on the comb, I was like really, how hard could that be, so as he's explaining it to me I'm busy looking at his lips as he's talking, missing everything that he was saying. So when it turned out that I was doing it wrong according to him and he was reiterating all that he said, I was like why didn't you tell me that, you didn't tell me that.....to me it was like the first time me ever hearing these instructions. Both these cases were brought on by distractions. I'm not sure there are any medications other than what they give kids that have ADD to help them focus, but try clearing your thoughts by starting a journal or getting a daily planner where you can write out homework assignments/projects that have to be done. And if else fails let your parents know what's going on and tell them you want to seek help from a doctor about it. I hope this bit of input helps. Out of my own curiosity, what kind of medications are you taking for your depression and BPD?