schizophrenia
My son is 11 years old he was diagnosed ADHD when he was younger and he was given ritalin for it well over the years they had up his dose.... and he seems more angry can't seem to focus at school or at home and im not able to work cause i cant trust him with the babysitter cause he hurt the last one so thats when i took him to a doctor and they said he INTERMITEN EXPLOSION DISODER and they told me to take him to consualing for help but there he had told them that he was seeing things that wasn't there and hearing voices and they would tell him to do things and the doctor said it was from the RITALIN that he was exprience schizophrenia and that if we gradually take him off the RITALIN  he should get better but i was reading about RITALIN and it was saying the long term side effect was There is growing evidence that Ritalin can cause suicidal depression, neurological disorders including Tourette's Syndrome and epilepsy, drug abuse and dependence, stunted growth, psychotic states which are "indistinguishable from the active phase of schizophrenia."

does long term mean that it will stay with him even though hes off the RITALIN ????????
I think the key to this is "growing evidence".  That doesn't mean it will happen.  What I do now things like thi medication may cause a imbalance in the brains chemicals and when they right theirself so to speak, which sometimes takes 6 months to a year, life does get better.