what is borderline personality disorder?
i was diagnosed with personality disorder but they only said there was no cure and it ended at that!
What are your symptoms? because that is probably what borderline personality is for you as it differs slightly for everyone suffering.
Type in Borderline personality disorder into Google and there will be loads of information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder
That is a good information site.

I hope this helps some, a diagnosed of borderline can be hard for some people so best of luck.
Hi, i was diagnoised with BPD as well but my therapist and psychiatrist have been great they said help is available but its a slow process and it takes time to work on. I think you should ask for a second opnion or at least to speak to a psychiatrist, yeah sure there is no cure but you can be helped  to manage it and live with it better.
You used the term "diagnosed" so I have to believe there's been a doctor involved. I agree with inneedofhelp82 about seeking a second opinion. Firstly, BPD is sometimes misdiagnosed. Secondly, if you do have BPD you are going to question things and a second opinion will then weaken any doubts. As freddie8605 wrote, its different for each of us. I often say, because it's a personality disorder, different personalities leave different messes, when disordered. There are some common threads though, and finding out more about BPD will really help.
Don't get discouraged by some of what you might find, out there, about BPD. Some of it might seem scary. Get past that. It can be managed. There are also some +'s with BPD. Those escalated emotional levels, especially the good emotions, are almost fairy-tale like in their magic. I can just be sitting, watching my neice do something cute, and just get hit with this wave of emotion that'll give me goosebumps and happy tears. I love that!!
I'm sorry to hear that, BPD sounds like somethink I might have (though not exactly I don't demonize others in that manner). As how it is defined: Border-Line Personality Disporder involves unusual levels of instability in mood; black and white thinking, or splitting; the disorder often manifests itself in idealization and devaluation episodes, as well as chaotic and unstable interpersonal relationships, self-image, identity, and behavior; as well as a disturbance in the individual's sense of self. In extreme cases, this disturbance in the sense of self can lead to periods of dissociation.
KiDZ help helps a lot with these subjects (the articel was written by a doctor):http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/lungs/bpd.html
With therapy and proper medication it can be managed. I dont think that I would see that doctor again. There is a wonderful book that helped me understand my illness. It is call Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified. There is a lot of crap out there that can make you feel bad or scared about your illness dont listen. We are all different!