Borderline Personality Disorder Community
worthless

This patient support community is for discussions relating to anger, anxiety, caregiver support, depression, emotions, fears, living with BPD, relationships, and violence.

worthless

I have severe anxietyand panic disorders. I cry all the time and shake and breathe heavy with confusion and flashbacks. I am a war vet.  I am extrememly depressed and just tries a serious suicide attempt.  I feel abandonded unloved and useless, worthless and yet nothing special. I have constant nightmares of wars and disasters waking up in panic.  no friends. selling off everyting of value to me and isolating.  there is lots more.... help?
so sorry to hear of your suffering, you are definitely NOT worthless. You need specialist counselling for the terrible problems you are having. I hope you get help, you totally deserve it. Please take care of yourself
Hello Donna.  Along with 'brumgirl' I too am very sorry you feel these horrid symptoms, for symptoms they indeed are.  These real phyical sensations and attacks are directly linked to your inner stress (mental state).  Although I am NOT a Dr or medical person, I think you are suffering from serious post trumatic stress and this needs urgent attention from proffesionals.  Could you possibily go to see your GP?  If you could just try to explain some or all of the things you have mentioned here it would be a great start.  He or she could then refer you to a specialist if it's thought that this is the right and best way to go.  Also your feelings of worthlessness etc could possibilly be down to severe depression.  It's honestly a case of all of the symptoms rolling on into each other, difficult to judge where one starts and the other begins, i.e. did depression come first or did anxiety come first and caused by depression?  This is why it's absolutely ESSENTIAL you muster up the courage to visit your Dr.  The sooner you speak to a proffesional medical person the better.  Please don't just do nothing because you will get worse.  You are NOT NOT worthless but you DO DO need help, please go and ask for the help that's due to you.  Good luck and please come back and tell us how you got on.    xxxxx