Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
Brain damage scare from plastic fumes

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

Brain damage scare from plastic fumes

Hello there!

So, the other day a few friends and I fashioned a grav bong (marijuana smoking device.) I've never made one of these before, and being already high and careless we used two pretty dangerous materials - aluminum foil and plastic.
I hit it three times, and didn't notie any burn marks on the foil or the plastic neck. If anything, only slight melting on the plastic. The aluminum foil never got too hot to touch, the lighter was only on the weed but I assume there was some conductive heat melting the plastic and contributing some toxins to the smoke.

It's been over a week and I still feel kind of weird. I'm prone to anxiety like this, but I definitely feel "odd." Lightheaded, tired, hard to focus my eyes, generally just feeling mentally cloudy. But mostly, I've just been anxious. Hard to get this off my mind ever. I haven't smoked since.

So, do you think there's any chance at all that I inhaled a significant enough amount of plastic/aluminum foil fumes that I may have actually impacted my brain? Any chance I could get brain damage from just three uses of the grav bong? Or is this just my borderline hypochondria acting up?

I'd love to read what you have to say, thanks in advance.
Tags: brain damage, weed, marijuana, plastic smoke, pet fumes, help, scared, anxious
1 Comment
What your describing are symptoms of anxiety,  I'm pretty sure you just got to high,  I smoke weed too,  but only indica.  sativas are known to get you paranoid,  especially if you already have anxiety.  I'm trying to stop smoking PERIOD!  cause I know that's contributing to my anxiety/depression.  chill out for a while on smoking and see how you feel.

Ps see your Dr. if you keep feeling bad.  peace!  Hope you feel better.