Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
Brain heamorage or not?

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

Brain heamorage or not?

I have weird feelings on the left side of my head wihch is usually accompanied by headaches, previoulsly i sufferd multiple blows to the left side of my head and left side of the back of my head during boxing that was about 4 months ago usually the heaches come and go weekly and i,m worried..I am 6ft 1..also when i lay facing up if feels okay and when i lay of the right side of my head it feels okay
Tags: Headaches, left, brain, trauma, brain concussions, concussion, boxing brain, boxing consequences, internal bleeding, head concussions, stress management
Head Concussion

Hi there and thanks so much for posting this question at the forum. Feel free to post at the Neurology or Migraines forum as well

You are doing the right thing by expressing concern and seek for professional advice.
Unfortunately the latest news we are hearing about concussions and brain functioning are not good. Right now they are associating the death of a famous pro football player who committed suicide with brain concussions he suffered when playing.

Whenever there is a concussion there is an internal shake up in the brain around the meninges and the skull. Our brains are designed to take a lot of hitting and bumps but to tell you the truth if you have seen clear signals I would go to a neurologist and get check that there is not an internal bleeding or similar. Sometimes in concussions you need to watch for the after effects. Do you remember the case of Liam Nelson wife (Natasha Richardson) who was skiing she felt on the side got home and 2 hours after she passed away cause of severe internal bleeding. That is not your case at all but clearly if you felt something in the motor and coordination areas it is just cause the internal shock.  Probably is just a concussion and it will go away.
I bumped my head few days ago and felt light headed but then went away.
My obligation it is to really recommend you  to get a neurologist and check for internal bleeding or similar but i can guarantee that there is less than 1% that you have that or even that you are going to have consequences in the future but to be safe just check.

Extra Information:

Concussions
According to an article from the New York Times

“Contrary to popular belief, a concussion is not a bruise to the brain caused by hitting a hard surface. Indeed, no physical swelling or bleeding is usually seen on radiological scans. The injury generally occurs when the head either accelerates rapidly and then is stopped, or is spun rapidly.
This violent shaking To read more click copy and paste here http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/f/football/head_injuries/index.html

I hope this helps and I am sure it will be nothing....