Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
Close Head Injury

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

Close Head Injury

I was in a car accident sept 15 i have since last week been diagnosed with a close head injury. Normal MRI. My sypmptoms have gotten worse. dazed, confused, disoriented, loss of balance, blurred vision, depression, dizzyness, ringing in ears,ect I see nuerologist Tuesday nov 20. Would it be safe to travel in car 6hrs for thanksgiving? I just dont want to get worse however i want to see family.
Tags: close head injury, concussion, post concussion synd

Hi there and thanks so much for posting this question.
Feel free to post in the Neurology Forum and also I am happy that you are seeing a Neurologist on the 20th.

Yes you are referring to important symptoms and need to be taken into consideration. My recommendation is that if you feel those strong symptoms you should not operate any machinery. I hope you can get to your family safely in some other transportation or maybe someone can drive you.

A head injury is any trauma or concussion  that injures the scalp, skull, or brain. The injury may be only a minor bump on the skull or a serious brain injury.

Head injury can be either closed or open.

Learning to recognize a serious head injury and give basic first aid can save someone's life.

Remember that you should Get medical assistance right away if the following symptoms occur:

Drowsiness
Abnormal Behavior
Neck Stiffness
Loss of consciousness
Vomiting