Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
Exercise with limitations~~~

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

Exercise with limitations~~~

Hi...it's been a while and I am back for more tips on what I can add to the ideas u already gave me for those of us with limitations but still need a form of exercise.

I was given the seated leg lift w/ alternate arm movement---- raise the arm (but not over the head)....and sit and toss a ball in the air.......

"selma"

Hi Selma and so nice to hear from you!

I want you to try the following three new exercises:

-Seated clapping and tapping: From a seated position start tapping at the same time you are clapping. Do it for fifteen seconds

-Seated Arm raise and heels: From a seated position and back straight raise both arms to the side slightly as long as it is comfortable at the same time you are lifting the heels. Do it ten times

-Hand Eye Coordination: Catch and clap: From a seated position throw the ball or object and clap then catch it. it requires that you coordinate and multi-task efficiently.

I hope these recommendations are helpful for you and you can share them with your friends

Thank you!

These are ideal for those friends that are post op.

Hopefully we can move to a point where our movements can help burn calories ...bcuz of of  sedentary lifestyle too many of us, including me have gained weight.

I will keep u  posted : )

"selma"

It is going well...and looking for more....anything for toning? or stretching that can be done for those with limitations?

"selma"
Hi Selma and so nice to hear from you!

Stretching:

Back: From a seated position place your hands on your neck (if not on your chest) and lean back while breathing

Legs: From a seated position, straighten one leg and reach to your knee hold it for ten seconds then change

Toning: Add some light weights:
Shoulders: from a seated position raise your arms slightly to the side repeat ten times.
Legs: From a seated position raise one leg and extend the leg ten times then change

I hope this helps and keep me updated Selma!

Hi, Thanks so much...I am sharing these and everyone is so happy with these and seeing progress.

It is good to have ideas since most places only tell us to do things that are beyond our abilities.

I have 2.5 lb weights that wrap around  the wrist or ankle I am assuming this weight is ok to start with?

"selma"