Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
Foot numbness

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

Foot numbness

Every time I do moderate to intense workout the balls of my feet go numb. I was wondering if this is a circulation problem or what? .
Tags: FEET NUMBNESS, balls of feet numb, Michael Gonzalez-Wallace, super body, super brain body fitness, Diet and Exercise, numbness, poor circulation, metatarsalgia
Thanks so much for your questions. It could be a circulation problem or an "atrophy of the soft tissue" problem. Women that wear high heels are known to have the balls of the feet some sort of numbness by the feet position when wearing high heels (not all of them).

I would recommned to improve circulation to your feet but also to focus in the soft tissue of the balls of your feet (getting it stronger)
Try this exercise:
From a standing position place a sock on the floor and try pick it up with your toes and bring it to your hand, do it ten times, then change to the other foot

Check this article: Pain in the Ball of the Foot (Metatarsalgia) http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/bone_joint_and_muscle_disorders/foot_problems/pain_in_the_ball_of_the_foot_metatarsalgia.html