Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
Tingling Sensation Pelvis/Inner Thigh

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

Tingling Sensation Pelvis/Inner Thigh

I do rowing exercise on a rowing machine about 2-3 times a week at quite high intensity, and whenever I exercise - about 80% of the times - I feel a tingling sensation in my higher inner thigh/genital area, which is quite uncomfortable. It kind of feels like a pre-orgasm sensation, but not in a pleasant way and it is embarrassing.

I just wanted to check that it may depend on maybe lack of oxygen during exercise or lack of blood in my legs, since rowing is quite a compression exercise, or whether it may be something more. This started only a few months ago when I took up the intensity of my training, and as I said it does not happen ALL the time I exercise, but it is worrying me a bit. When it does happen the sensation remains for a while at much lower intensity even when I lie in bed after the shower.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice on this.

Many thanks!
Hi there and thanks so much for posting this question. Although you may feel it is quite unique it is more common that you think and you are right on when you say it is related to high intensity training. The reason is that there is a lack of oxygen in the sensory proprioceptor feedback that makes for that given intensity there is not enough time to contract muscle fibers then the skins feels almost like someone tickling but worse. i know exactly what you are saying since I have experience the similar symptoms when i increase the weight or the number of reps or take power training.

So my recommendation is to increase strength training on the side and do more repetitions more sets in the quads, inner thighs till you will get to a point where for that given intensity you will not experience the "tingling"

I hope this helps!