Brain & Body Fitness Expert Forum
pain in parietal lobe and ringing in ears

Welcome to the Brain and Body Fitness Forum: Where Neuroscience Meets Physical Training. This forum is for questions, support and advice related to how the brain controls your body through motor and sensory networks. This forum will provide information related to motor function, sensory networks, balance, coordination and physical training.

I HAVE A CONSTANT RINGING MY EAR AND NOW I'VE DEVELOPED A SHARP STABBING PAIN IN MY LEFT PARTIEL LOBE.  I JUST STARTED TAKING AN OVER THE COUNTER MED CALLED RING RELIEF WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL NATURAL AND CONTAINS QUITE A FEW VITAMINS.  ON THE PACKAG IT DOES SAY THAT SOMETIMES THE SYMPTOMS DO GET WORSE BEFORE THEY GET BETTER.  I NEED HELP BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND.
Hi there and thanks so much for your questions. The information contained in this answer is not intended to replace any medical advice.

It really looks that you have irritated the sensory proprioceptors belonging to the inner ear that are acting up and causing you some discomfort noise.

I can give you an approach of exercise using your brain and see if the symptoms clear at all.
I will try to do this exercise: raise opposite arm and leg to favor some circulation and brain activity between left and right brain hemisphere and check if the symptoms get better. Sometimes increase blood flow to the brain helps a better circulation in the brain and a better balance of different chemicals.

There is a great neurologist in medhelp that his name is  Dan Prevedello, MD, Neurosurgeon at OSU is answering questions in the Brain Pituitary & Skull Base forum.

i really hope this disturbing noise stops since I know how annoying can be.....

Please let me know how it goes
THANKS FOR THE TIP.  BUT, HOW MANY TIMES A DAY AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO THIS EXERCISE.?
You should do this exercise in the am and in the pm. In the evening normally the stress circuits stat to become more activated so in some cases tends to trigger a more discomfort in the pain circuits....
if you search for my name (michael gonzalez-wallace) in youtube.com you can see some more exercise.

Please let me know how it works and if you are feeling better....